Step 1: How to get there
Once you login, you will see a page listing all of the tournaments that you have hosted and competed in. Click the "Create a Tournament" button at the top of the page.
Step 2: Setting tournament options
This section will be tailored specifically to your tournament, but here are some general guidelines.
- Name: this should state the tier of the tournament, but it can also be something creative.
- URL: this can be creative or randomized by clicking the red button.
- Type: keep 'Single Stage Tournament' checked.
- Format: Single Elimination is the most common, but you can also choose Double Elimination (participants who lose are placed into a loser's bracket) or Round Robin (all participants battle each other one and the winner is determined by the amount of wins/points).
- Registration: check "Host a sign-up page" and then check the box below it in order to generate the link that you will post in the room
Participant Cap: check the "Specify a maximum number of participants" box to set a participant cap. This should be based on the number of users currently in the room
- For less than 200 users, try an 8-man tournament.
- For 200 - 400 users, try an 8 or 16-man tournament.
- For 400 - 600 users, try a 16 or 32-man tournament.
- For more than 600 users, try a 32 -man tournament.
- Game: most hosts leave this blank, but the game should be either "Pokemon" or "Pokemon Showdown"
- Description: provide a basic description of what tier your tournament is, along with any rules or instructions for your participants
Step 3: Advanced options
- Quick advance: if scores for individual matches are not important for your tournament, check this box to only report the winners
- Permissions: when appointing a co-host, check the "Share admin access" box and enter the co-host's Challonge username
When you are satisfied with your tournament's options, click the "Save and Continue" button at the bottom of the page.
Congratulations! You have now successfully set the options for your tournament, now you can learn how to post in the room